Thursday 23 June 2011

Life and Trials of a Wannabe Scrapbooker

How is it that life somehow always gets in your way.  I had lots of plans last night which involved sitting at my desk and happily crafting away in blissful paper heaven in order to complete my first 12x12 layout.  Oh no.  Firstly I forgot I had a netball match so, very quickly, I had to: feed kids, clean and pyjama them, return the vicar's call about hymns, ring my sickly friend and ask her kids to behave for Mummy and then briefly say hello to The Man before running out of the door. 

I did, however, get back from my netball match, totally beetroot colour in the face and clearly not breathing correctly, and I sat in bed stitching a border around the outside of my page (whilst The Kitten attacked the thread every two seconds) and, I have to say, I love it.  I've decided I've got doubts about some green card stock used to layer up a strip along the bottom of the photograph.  So I will probably spend all day at work thinking about what to do about it.  The upside to the evening was the Cadbury's Flake Allure waiting for me when I arrived home.  You need to try one of these.  They are bliss!

My question is: are layouts always going to take this long?  Although, if they do, is that just part of the process and part of getting it how you want it?  Answers on a postcard.

Whatever it is, I'm going to crack on with it.  I will get some photos of said layout on here shortly too.   

Sherrie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment