Wednesday 14 September 2011

I'm Back

Well here I am at last!  We are, finally, good and proper married once and for all - literally! 

We had the most amazing and beautiful wedding and the whole day was just extraordinary but I have to say, now that it's all done, it's so lovely not to have to think wedding like all the time.  Also, now that I don't have loads of wedding things to complete, I can finally spend some much needed chill out time on scrapping! 

I have really enjoyed the last week - being able to sit quietly at my desk in my little corner of the study happily playing with my things.  Here is the first wedding layout that I've created so far:



We are still waiting for our wedding photos to arrive so this is one of the few photos that I have which was taken with an iPhone by one of our guests.  My printer is printing very bad quality photos at the moment, for some reason which it hasn't let me in on yet, but actually this print gave the photo a kind of antique quality that I liked so I used it anyway.  Hopefully the printer will have a quiet word with me any day soon and let me in on its secret. 

Another layout I completed at our local crop last night was using some gorgeous photographs of a weekend spent in a family member's caravan in Newquay.  I've been waiting to do a layout using these photos for a while and I used Shimelle's Sketch of the Week from 7 September which was so useful.  I hadn't followed a sketch up until this point and, I have to say, it was really helpful to have somewhere to start, although, I do think that at some point whilst following a sketch, you have to allow yourself to move off in your own artistic direction.  




I'm hoping (seriously!) to be able to add lots a lovely layouts much more often and hope to learn lots of lovely new techniques now that I have the time. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Take care, Sherrie x


No comments:

Post a Comment