Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hello Again Blog

Two years. That seems such a long time but when you put life's happenings into the equation, really it's not that long. Especially life with a teenage son and a hormonal daughter, a big move almost 300 miles away and a whole new career into the mix. Alas I am sorry to have abandoned you my blog but something had to go for a little while.

I have been scrapbooking over this time but nowhere near as much as I used to. However, there is something that has inspired me recently to get going properly and regularly once again. There is a new kit club here in the UK that started up recently by a fantastic lady called Nicola. The company is called Like For Ever and the kits are just beautiful. They are also fantastic value for money, especially as you only pay £2.90 for shipping. It's also great to not have to wait two weeks for it to arrive from America while worrying about being charged a fortune at customs. Visit http://www.likeforever.co.uk to grab a subscription or even buy a one off kit. They also have a blog where Nicola gives some great kit inspiration.

Whilst waiting for my kit to arrive I got busy with some supplies from Crate Paper's new Craft Market line that I bought from Hey Little Magpie. This is such a beautiful and versatile line. I think I am going to get a lot of layouts done with this. This layout was inspired by Jen Schow who has a channel on You Tube. She has a series on how to use your 6x6 paper pads and it's brilliant. She is one talented lady so go take a look.



I am so happy with how this turned out. It didn't even take that long, probably about an hour and the process really flowed. I think because the product is so beautiful and useable that really it was a joy to do. I did wish I had used a lighter and plainer paper on the bottom triangle so that my Journalling stood out better but you live and learn. I used my sewing machine to stitch the four triangles down and to stitch the title down. I really like doing this. Not only does it add texture but also you know that those letters aren't going to fall off. Also I still need to date stamp that pink label on the right side but I can't find the date! That's another tip! Always write the date of the photo onto the back of it. It helps later on when you're finally scrapping it 8 years down the line.

I'm also doing this same design for my son using the Craft Market line and really the product is quite useable for boy pages too.  I'll get that page up as soon as possible.

Thanks for listening!
Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment