Wednesday 15 April 2015

Moor Life

I'm happily getting into the swing of regular layouts and even happier that Spring has finally arrived! Winter was long. Along with Spring arrived my very first Like For Ever kit.  I'm in love. My kit arrived lovingly packaged by Nicola wrapped in white tissue paper. The March Garden Party kit is a box load of loveliness. Can you tell how happy I am?

Quite frankly, a UK based monthly scrapbooking kit company that produces such up-to-date quality kits, has been a long time coming in my view. You can imagine my squeals of delight when opening my box. The March kit was brimming with the Maggie Holmes Confetti line. The papers are really lovely and very versatile. I loved the black foam thickers and the Confetti pack of ephemera. There was also some lovely lace trim, buttons and sequins and an added bonus for being a subscriber. I am in heaven. Then add to that a stunning wooden heart frame and I am about to combust.

For my first layout I used the Confetti Cloud Nine paper for my background as I had this lovely photo taken on Dartmoor which was very natural and earthy and this paper suited it perfectly. I was lucky that I already had a piece of this paper so I could use the other side which has a lovely black and white leaf design. As there's quite a lot to look at in the photo, I wanted to keep everything else fairly neutral and natural. The lace trim was perfect and I used the chipboard frames from an older Crate Paper line. It seems no layout of mine is complete lately until I've added some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine gold splatters.



I just loved working with the kit. I think it's so nice to have a kit and just be able let loose with it. The thing I love most is that you can go a bit crazy with a kit and have fun because you know another one is coming in a month's time and these kits from Like For Ever are win win for me as they are such fantastic value for money and there aren't any long waiting times or extortionate prices for delivery.

Okay excited dribbling over. Seriously though if you can stretch to a monthly kit I really would recommend Like For Ever and, let's face it, we could do with keeping a company like this around. They are few and far between these days. Support where you can.

Over and out,
Sherrie


No comments:

Post a Comment