Thursday 1 October 2015

Mrs Mojo

It's gone and come back again and then blow me it blinking went again! What do you do when your mojo disappears for a week's holidaying in Costa Rica?

Personally I used to feel cross, then sulk a bit and then hide in a cupboard for the rest of the week until my mojo made its return. I kinda felt a little bit guilty too. As though I was letting my kids down if I wasn't busy storing memories on layouts. I think that's part of the problem. Maybe we put ourselves under too much pressure with this memory keeping lark. Then we get stressed out about it and it becomes like a kind of chore.

I used to feel like this with card making. When I was selling some cards it then become a little more pressurised to get it right. It took the fun out of playing with crafting goodies.

Nowadays I try and crack on with a layout. I may not always be 100% happy with the end result but hey ho it's another memory documented. Because that's what's important with memory keeping isn't it. Getting the thoughts and memories down on paper. Job done. It is after all what we do this for.

There's something so relaxing about throwing paint and texture paste around, fiddling with and finding that perfect embellishment. Something I'm so comfortable and at ease with. I can sit at my desk and forget about the stresses of my day. That's why I love this hobby.

I've been very busy lately with Crate Paper's Wonder collection. Thankfully there was tonnes of it in our Like For Ever August kit.








I have loved these products and the whole kit was just awesome! 



2 comments:

  1. These are all such wonderful layouts Sherrie and I pinned quite a few for when my mojo goes on holiday to Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete