Monday 1 June 2015

Best Day Ever

Shimelle's True Stories is the line featured in Like For Ever's May kit. I really like it. I've struggled a little with all the bright colours as I usually use lots of muted Crate Paper but that's the great thing about subscribing to a kit. It forces you to challenge yourself. To combat my fear of all the bright prime colours I've mixed it with lots of white. It seems to work.



This layout was my first with the kit and took quite a while. I struggled with the title (cut using the Silhouette). I cut it twice, once on the tiny polka dot paper and once on watercolour paper. That watercolour version has been painted blue, splashed with gold ink until finally painted red and covered in glossy accent. Phew. Got there in the end. After adding the tear strips I used white gesso over the top to fade it down a bit.

I used inspiration from Like For Ever's Sunday Challenge which was to use 5 or more tear strips. It took me a moment before I realised Nichola meant the manufacture strips! Doh! Nichola also put up a sketch that I loosely followed. As I said I really struggled with all the bright but dark colours. After this layout I started to include lots of white which you'll see shortly.

Thanks for stopping by,
Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment