Thursday 26 April 2012

Ha ha ha ha!

Ha! Twice in one week - I said I would and here I am.  I have had such a great week this week getting lots done and feeling better for it. 

I had such a wonderful evening on Tuesday at my local crop club.  We recently lost our venue so one of the ladies very kindly offered her house as the new venue.  Now there is nothing I love better than seeing inside other people's houses!  I am so incredibly nosey and love to see how other people live.  Her house was really lovely.  Not much scrapping was done but I did get a page ready with all the papers and embellishments chosen.  I learnt a valuable tip too at the crop.  If you have all the items you intend to put on a page, use a plastic 12x12 bag (like the ones suppliers send papers to you in) to store it all in so you don't end up losing anything.  This is really handy for me as I often get layouts ready (i.e. choose the papers etc.) but are not ready to stick anything down to finalise it. With this system I could have a few layouts on the go at the same time.

Then last night I managed to almost finish the page and I am so happy with it so far.  It's my first layout of a New York photo and I am loving it.  The best thing that happened during this layout was that I had almost stuck down the background paper and then, as I was inking the edges, I noticed that I really liked the other side as it had a really good option for journalling!  So, after checking that it worked I whipped it over and stuck it down.  It's funny how you think you've got a layout all wrapped up and then you see something lurking around your desk or notice the other side of a paper and it can totally make a page pop.

Hopefully will get the layout finished tonight and get it on here for you tomorrow.  So that will be three blog posts this week!  Crikey, I think I need to sit down. 

Sherrie x

No comments:

Post a Comment