Sunday 26 June 2011

Finally Finished

Well my first 12x12 layout is finished! 


After choosing my heart embellishment I put some glitter glue around the edges and decided I didn't like it.  So I re-cut another heart and hand stitched around the edge of it instead.  I then decided that the reverse side was better.  I really like the effect of the reverse side of stitching.  It gives a page some really lovely texture and the pattern on the other side of the paper is really nice and compliments the layout well.  I might even do a layout on the reverse of this one so that I can use the reverse of the stitching around the edge of the page border.

I'm really happy with this layout and I really can't wait to get down to doing my next one.  I've got an aperture frame to decorate as a present for a friends daughter's christening which is an idea that I've grabbed from someone else's blog although I've blog hopped so much that I can't remember who!  I'll put it on here once it's finished.

It's been absolutely stunning here in Plymouth today, so we've really been enjoying the good weather while it lasts!

Take care, Sherrie x

2 comments: