Friday 24 June 2011

Nearly There

After doing all the little things that needed to be done first - visiting Granny, dinner, washing, cleaning and pyjaming children, bedding children down etc. etc. etc. - I finally managed to sit at my desk with a great sigh of relief.

Once I finished stitching my border (by hand!) I got all the bits and bobs that I might use to complete my first layout, then put those bits away and got others out.  After moving embellishments around and deciding on my layering of paper and trim, I started to put the last bits on the page.  In actual fact it all came together quite quickly and I was considerably gun-ho about it and went with my first instincts.  For instance, I decided on the title really quickly (which is good for me as titles are not my strong point) and I fairly instantly put it into place without having to move it. 

I have attempted to use Shimmer Mist in the right hand corner, although not with great success.  I think I need to be a bit more confidence with it and I need to just go for it a bit more.  I also think a bit of black mist might have gone down well but I should have planned to use the Shimmer Mist first before I put anything else on the page.

The other thing that I do need to consider on my next layout is planning.  I had an image in my head when considering this layout but definitely no plan and, even worse, nothing written down on paper.  For my next layout I am going to follow a sketch and plan my page before sticking anything down.

I am so in love with this photograph of Jack and Isabelle as they both look so happy and relaxed with each other which definitely isn't always the case.  I think brothers and sisters probably all argue like my children do but there is always that special unbreakable bond between them and there are these moments when you get to see that bond out in the open. 

Alas, the layout is still not quite finished.  I think it needs something, maybe some doodling and possibly an embellishment on the Jenni Bowlin chipboard piece.  I have seen something I'd like to make so I'll try that and see what it looks like. 


Any ideas would be very much welcomed.

Sherrie x

No comments:

Post a Comment