Wednesday 22 June 2011

How I Got To This Place

Well what can I say, I've been too scared of myself to begin 12x12 scrapbooking!  I'm not entirely sure what it is that I've been afraid of, perhaps a combination of worrying that I'll get it wrong and worrying that the end result will be awful.

The other frustrating and excrutiating problem I have is that, whenever I have completed something, I don't like it.  Everyone around me will tell me they love it and I even loved it in the making but once it's complete, it's suddenly not good enough.

I started cardmaking when I was pregnant with my second child and instantly loved it.  I progressed and progressed and suddenly realised I would always have boxes and boxes of cards sitting around not going anywhere.  So I started to look into scrapbooking.  After buying a Bind it All I have made the odd homemade mini book and recently I have been making a memory book as a present to my sister documenting her wedding. 

I've loved doing all these things, however, I always wanted to do 12x12 pages so that I can put them into lovely albums that will keep forever and when our children are older we can all look back and not only remember using the pictures but also the words and the little souvenirs that I have kept. 

So yesterday at scrapbooking club and after receiving my June Scrapagogo Kit, I began work on my first ever 12x12 page and so far it seems a success.  I used some help from the Scrapagogo Design Team pages, who are amazing, and also some help from the girls at scrapbooking club and I am probably half way through.  The page is sitting at my desk for when I get home and I'm really excited to get there and complete it.  I've got stitching in mind as well as changing a piece of background card.  Hopefully, I won't need to change everything at the end!

This is my first blog which I have started as I wanted to be able to document this journey for myself so that I can perhaps look back and see how far I've come but also how far I still have to go. 

Thanks for visiting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment